Cloudtail India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prione Business Services Private Limited. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran Management Services Private Limited and Amazon Asia Pacific Resources Private Limited. Cloudtail India Private Limited is one of the sellers on the www.amazon.in platform and operates in various product groups such as Consumer Electronics, Apparels, Media, Home & Kitchen etc.
Summary of Responsibilities
Cloudtail is looking for a Tax Controller to lead the PAN India indirect taxation compliance and tax governance activities specifically in the area of GST, VAT and Service Tax. This position will be primarily focused on setting up processes and guiding a team of executives and external consultants on monthly / quarterly and annual compliances.
This role would also involve setting up processes and defining information requirements under GST legislation. The Tax Controller would also need to work closely with our tax consultants and advisors on co-ordination with various taxation departments.
- Leading a team of executives and external consultants on day to day compliance reportings
- Working closely with cross function teams and designing tax compliant processes
- Reviewing tax accounting, provisioning and interactions with auditors
- Analysis of transactional data for highlighting key tax risks and exceptions
- Closely monitor and review the process of collection, utilization and issuance of statutory forms.
- Setting up of data warehouse and Information Management framework
- Designing framework for assessment readiness
- Assist the team on departmental audits, litigation and assessment proceedings
- 8+ years of managing accounting or taxation related processes especially VAT and CST for a large public accounting firm or for any corporate entity having operations in multiple states
- Knowledge and experience with accounting for these taxes under IN GAAP required
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Good Understanding of the retail business
- Fluency in Excel and SQL
- Solid communication skills – written and verbal
- Self-starter with the ability to drive initiates on his/her own.