- 4+ years of experience in handling direct and indirect taxation
- Preferably a Chartered Accountant
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department
- Knowledge and experience with accounting for these taxes under IN GAAP required
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment.
Cloudtail India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Prione Business Services Private Limited (Prione). Prione is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon. Cloudtail is one of the sellers on the www.amazon.in platform and operates in various product groups such as Consumer Electronics, Apparels, Media, and Home & Kitchen, etc. Cloudtail is a key growth driver for Amazon, generating 40% of the company's sales. Cloudtail offers goods and services such as online retail services, advertising, business management services, etc. The company's revenue rose four-fold over the span of one year and reached 4,600 crores (46 billion dollars).
Summary of Responsibilities:
Cloudtail is seeking a Senior Taxation Analyst who can take up taxation responsibilities in the area of VAT, Service Tax, Corporate Direct taxation and withholding taxes.
This position will be primarily focused on advising and detailing out action plan on tax compliances. This position will also be sharing the responsibilities of detailing out action plans for optimizing on tax expense of the company, establish process to plug tax leakages in claiming Service Tax offsets and VAT offsets along with leading the monthly / quarterly and annual filing of all direct and indirect taxation returns.
The Senior Analyst would be representing the company before tax authorities and will needed to work closely with our tax advisors on co-ordination with various taxation departments.
- Good Understanding of the retail business
- Experience in representing to taxation authorities
- Fluency in Excel
- Solid communication skills - written and verbal
- Self-starter with the ability to drive initiates on his/her own.